One good thing about eating at home more often is the chance to experiment with new recipes. After being diagnosed with high cholesterol, I switched to a plant-based diet. My doctor and I agreed to try diet and lifestyle changes first. I’ve enjoyed many new recipes such as these vegetarian tacos. Not only that, but I’ve also learned about tasty ingredients that I didn’t know existed. A bonus was losing a few pounds and feeling healthier.
These Vegetarian Tacos are a tasty way to eat veggies for dinner tonight. The dish has a spicy and slightly sweet flavor. If you prefer less heat just reduce the number of chipotle peppers.
If you’d like more information on a product, please click the blue link in the article. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link!* Please read my disclaimer for more information
Tools You’ll Need To Prepare the Vegetarian Tacos
I cooked the vegetarian tacos in my new GreenPan that I’m loving. Not only is it easy to cook in, but the clean up is a breeze. I made this recipe in the 12-inch pan but it’s also available in 8 and 10-inch sizes.
I used a wooden cutting board to chop the veggies and fruit.
A good sharp kitchen knife is helpful.
Ingredients For Vegetarian Tacos
- 3 cups frozen butternut squash
- 2 cups diced orange cauliflower
- juice from 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 soft tortillas
3 tablespoons diced San Marcos chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons diced mandarin oranges
Crumbled Feta cheese
Shredded Red cabbage
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, cauliflower cubed butternut squash and mandarin orange juice. Next, cover and sauté for ten minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove the lid of the pan and stir in the black beans. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes for the cauliflower and butternut squash lightly brown.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, honey, and diced mandarin oranges. Stir the sauce into the squash and cauliflower mixture until the ingredients are well coated with sauce and sizzling hot.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add toppings, and enjoy! Thanks for reading today.